At Panda Planner, we love to help people and we do that with our science-backed planners that are specifically designed to make you more productive. Our growing team shares our desire to empower people take back control of their busy life, reclaim their happiness and flourish in every way. Sound like a place for you?
We are Panda Planner; we provide science-backed tools and strategies that empower people to take back control, reclaim their happiness and flourish in every way. We believe that the demands of modern life shouldn’t rob you of the life you were meant to live. Our flagship product, the Panda Planner, is an awesome system for prioritizing your daily tasks that helps you get more done in less time and gradually shift your outlook from negative to positive. When performed consistently, productivity and optimism become automatic.
Founded by our CEO, Michael Leip, who found himself bedridden and miserable after suffering a series of health events including Lyme Disease, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), and cancer. He became fed up with his condition and was determined to get back on track. Through the process of reading countless books and peer-reviewed journals, he created the first version of Panda Planner.
Over 250,000 people are using Panda Planner to unleash their true potential!
We are a tiny team of happy, passionate people who know how to hustle. As an early stage startup, we have a laid back remote-office and a great deal of autonomy because we know when it's time for fun and when to get shit done.
Does it excite you to be part of a company that creates more happiness, gratitude, and productivity in people's lives? Do you want to join an early stage startup that has huge potential for rapid growth (we are already on track to double our revenue from 2017)?
How often do you get an opportunity to work for a company where our financial growth is directly correlated to how much positive impact we're making on the world? The more products we sell, the more people we help; it's awesome! If any of this resonates with you....then f*ck yeah, come work with us at Panda Planner!
We are looking for a qualified and enthusiastic Editorial Assistant—committed to excellence—to join the Panda Planner team! You will be responsible for assisting our Content Manager with everything content-related from our blog to our social platforms to other content needs as necessary. Around here, content is a comprehensive concept—and so is this role. It includes writing social media copy and implementing social strategy, optimizing for search engines, designing and optimizing graphics, analyzing data, coordinating with freelance writers, supporting and maintaining the back-end of the blog , ongoing administrative duties, and more.
Our ideal candidate is an organized, high-energy professional who performs well under deadlines, is super detail-oriented, can learn new processes and tech on the fly, and is ready to jump in with copy and design chops at the drop of a dime. If you have editorial or content experience, consider yourself a jack-of-all-content-trades, and enjoy working closely with editorial directors, marketing strategists, and entrepreneurs, this could be a match made in heaven!
- Assist Content Manager with content needs including proofing copy, conducting quality control measures on blog posts, fact-checking scholarly research, etc.
- Select, upload, edit, and optimize images for blog posts, social, and more
- Create custom images, quote cards, and other graphics for blog posts, social, and more
- Implement social strategy as determined by Content Manager including posting, scheduling, writing copy, and moderating comments
- Perform administrative duties such as ensuring payment for freelance contributors and updating internal processes as necessary
- Conduct keyword research to track trending topics, provide additional direction for blog posts, identify competitive keyword phrases, monitor competitor’s topics, and more
- Analyze performance of social, blog posts, and rankings on search engines and providing weekly highlights to Content Manager to drive strategy
- Maintain back end of blog including testing opt-ins, moderating comments, running link scans, and coordinating with developers on regular maintenance and development projects as they come up
- Keep up to date with the content trends and industry best practices
- Collaborate with our marketing team as needed
- Previous work experience as an Editorial Assistant, Content Creator, Content Marketer, Social Media Coordinator, or a degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, Communications, or relevant field is required
- Editorial experience is strongly preferred
- Wordpress knowledge and experience is required
- Copywriting experience for social and blog is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with social media is a must
- Basic graphic design knowledge is required
- Basic SEO knowledge is strongly preferred
- Technically savvy and able to use different apps and tools easily
- Experience with data analysis; Google Analytics, Search Console, Ahrefs, and Coschedule preferred
- Ability to understand, interpret, and communicate in brand voice
- Excellent writing and communication skills including grammar and punctuation
- Excellent organizational skills due to juggling multiple and competing priorities, deadlines, and processes
- Self-starter who doesn't need close management
- Ultra smart/quick to learn
- Super organized with stellar attention to detail and excellent time-management skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and excellent multi-tasking skills
- Optional: Experience and enjoyment working remotely
You’re probably sitting there thinking to yourself, “well it’s about damn time I found my dream job”. And I agree….it IS about time, so let’s not waste any more time not working together.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a quick cover letter of why you think you’d be a perfect fit to join us! Please include CONTENT in your cover letter so we know you read the entire listing.
Can’t wait to talk more soon!
NOTE: Interviews will not begin until the week of September 10, 2018, so please don’t worry if you don’t hear from us before then.
Compensation: $55-$65K annual salary