Boost your appreciation for beauty by engaging with the world!
Many people go through life with blinders on, missing the details of life. Researchers have begun to look into and find out why beauty has the ability to inspire and motivate people to do more good in life. Once per day this week, create a “beauty-log” following these steps:
- One time each day, look for beauty in one of the following three forms of beauty:
- Describe something you felt was beautiful that is from nature.
- Describe something you felt was beautiful that is human-made (e.g., arts and crafts).
- Describe something you felt was beautiful in human behavior (e.g., acts of goodness)
- Describe the beauty you witnessed by writing a few sentences about it in your Panda Planner or on a separate piece of paper (can use the notes portion of the Daily Section or the blank note pages at the end of the planner).